6/06/2009

Memory Wire Bracelet How-To

Hello my friends! Sorry this has taken me a while to put up! Good news, I am feeling a lot better! I saw a doctor and he got me a prescription! Things are looking up! Anyways, this is my absolute favorite kind of jewelry to make because it is so easy and so cute! I am going to teach you guys how to make a memory wire bracelet!

Here are the supplies you will need...
Again, you can get these at any craft or beading store.


(The little silver beads in the lower left hand corner are just some beads I wanted to incorporate. The long, straight ones are called bugle beads.)

1 package of bracelet memory wire
Jewelry wire cutters
Jewelry round-nose pliers
A variety of beads (I like to just buy a little container of mixed glass beads. It's really cheap and you get a great mixture. You can use whatever beads you have laying around, such as silver beads, letter beads, clay beads, pony beads, stone beads, seed beads, etc.

First you need to decide how long you want your bracelet to be. Memory wire forms loops and never loses its shape. Decide how many loops you want to wrap around your arm. Just remember, the more loops you choose, the more beads you need. Snip your memory wire to the desired length. 
Take one end and make a loop with your round-nose pliers. This is going to keep your beads from coming off the wire. 
Next, start stringing your beads onto the wire. Some people like to follow a pattern and others like to just randomly string the beads on. I like the random way! :) 

When you have just about 1/2 inch  of wire left make another loop with your round-nose pliers. There you have it! Your bracelet is ready to be worn! Have fun with these...they make great gifts and additions to any outfit.

(FINISHED PRODUCT!)

If you guys have any questions just let me know!
That's all for today! 

Let me leave you with a quote...

"These gems have life in them:  their colors speak, say what words fail of."  -George Eliot

1 comment:

Huda. said...

thanks a LOT, its awsome, i love it ^.^ and its soo easyy =)