8/02/2009

Love Save The Empty by Erin McCarley.

Little girls don't know how to be sweet girls.
Mama didn't teach me.
Little boys don't know how to treat little girls.
Daddy didn't show me.

Face down, on top of your bed.
Oh why did I give it up to you?
Is this how I shoot myself up high,
Just high enough to get through?

Again, the false affection.
Again, we break down inside.
Love save the empty.
Love save the empty, and save me.

Sad boy, you stare up at the sky
When no one's looking back at you.
You wear your every last disguise;
You're flying, then you fall through.

Again, the false attention.
Again, you're breaking inside.
Love save the empty.
Love save the empty, save me.
Love save the empty.
Love save the empty.

Stars feel like knives,
They tell us why we're fighting.
Storm, wait outside.
Oh, love, hold us together.

Love, save the empty.
Love, save the empty.
Love, save the empty.
Love, save the empty, and save me.
And save me.

Hello there! Here is that song of the week post that you have all been waiting so patiently for. :D I chose this song because I really like the message of love saving people who are lost. I think that this song is trying to say that people who are broken, confused, lost, or hurt need to find love and love others. Love pulls through and love saves lives.
I think this song, which some find a little depressing, is very motivational. It has been stuck in my head since they first day I heard it...in JUNE. It is really sweet and you should all download it! If this song sounds familiar, it was used in He's Just Not That Into You.
I am very sleepy. I have had a stress-filled couple of days. Expect to see that Charity of the Month post either tomorrow or Tuesday. OH and did I mention that my birthday was July 18th and I am officially 18! I'm legal...woohoo! :]
Just thought I would throw that in there since I don't feel like I mentioned it in my older posts.
Nighty night you guys! You are amazing.

4 comments:

RCaitlin said...

Aww what a sadly sweet song. I will have to listen to it! p.s. I love He's Just Not that Into You!

Louis said...

It's such a beautiful song and heartfelt post...

but then you go and distract all the boys by telling us you're legal... and you seem rather excited about it.

Honestly I'm in two minds about this post ;) but I loved reading it, so thanx for sharing.

Lorianne said...

haha legal in the sense that am legally an adult. wouldn't you be excited?

thanks for the feedback guys! :D

Louis said...

my bad, I thought you had to be 21 in the states to be called an adult. See... I thought you were excited about something else.

And yes, one day when I become an adult I'm going to be very excited, but as you can clearly see I'm not close to being an adult :(

Sorry for making the wrong assumption.