8/09/2009

Relax, don't do it. When you wanna go to it.

Well guys, time to start another week! I had a very nice Sunday. I slept in late, watched some TV, ate some Captain Crunch cereal, worked for only 4 hours, came home, ate some really good pot roast, made my self a cup of my favorite chai tea and watched Madea's Family Reunion (which was a really cute movie, BTW).
Tomorrow I am off from work so I will probably just be hanging out at home and I am definitely going to watch the Teen Choice Awards. I know this is a pretty dull post but that is how things have been lately- dull but in a good way. :D
To keep this post from being totally pointless I am going to give you a review on a book I just recently finished reading and a list of 10 things that help me relieve stress.
L.A. Candyy; excellent book, i luv it ;D Pictures, Images and Photos
I started reading this book about a month ago and finished it while I was in New York. If you guys have ever watched Laguna Beach or The Hills, you know who Lauren Conrad is. Despite this being her first novel, the book is very well-written. It started out a little slow and it took me awhile to fully commit myself to reading it. Towards the middle of the book, I was hooked. This book is the first of a three part series. I am very excited to read the second one when it is released. Regardless of whether or not you watch the shows, you should definitely check out the book.
Okay, now here are the 10 ways that I relieve stress. I hope you guys can try some of these tips and offer me some advice of your own.

#1- I always feel more relaxed when I put on Johnson's Melt Away Stress Dreamy Night Cream. I put a little bit on when I am going to sleep or when I am having a stressful day. The chamomile scent really puts me at peace.
#2- Driving also helps me calm down. I like to roll down the windows, open the sun roof, blast my favorite radio station or CD and just go. It doesn't matter if I am driving to work, school, shopping, or just getting out. I always feel more at ease when I am behind the wheel (unless I am stuck in traffic, getting cut off, or someone is driving like a maniac).
#3- Listening to soothing music (such as Enya, any of the songs from the score of Twilight, The Weepies, Matt Kearney, The Fray, A Fine Frenzy, or Five for Fighting).
#4- I like turning off all the lights and lighting a bunch of candles. Even if I am busy putting away laundry, working on homework, or writing an awesome blog post...just the gentle lighting puts me at ease.
#5- Reading is another great way for me to lose touch with reality for a little while and just refocus.
#6- Making jewelry is another way I love to relax. Any craft project really...like cake decorating, scrapbooking, cardmaking, etc.
#7- CHAI TEA! I love it. The taste is like a mix of pumpkin and cinnamon. I like it hot, iced, blended, whatever. It instantly puts me in a better mood!
#8- Driving through the car wash. :)
#9- I love the smell of Febreze. Haha, it's true. That smell always puts a smile on my face.
#10- Rain. Thunder. Lightning. I find it VERY relaxing.

Anyways, I hope that helps you guys. I'd love to hear what you do to unwind! All this talk about relaxing has me ready for bed. Maybe I will squeeze out another post while I am home tomorrow. We'll see. Have a great Monday. MUAH!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

thanks for stopping by my blog :)

I almost bought LA Candy this weekend at target, but decided against it. I may have to rethink that! I love Lauren Conrad!